Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

LONDON FASHION WEEK : Acne SS13

 I always seems to be a fan of ACNE. I have noticed that when I see random bits of their collections, I always love them. I really want a pair of their silver ankle boots at the moment......I don't normally review them. I have no idea why but I have never made that leap. So I decided that I would include them in my round up this time. Especially since the first outfit on the catwalk - the one above - really looked like something you would see hanging in my closet!
So I was searching for a common theme or the influence behind this collection and I just can't see it as 'romantic' which was what the designers labelled it as. I thought I could see a lot of elements of 1990s grunge in there. However, I am prone to stuff like that! I see grunge in a lot of collections! I don't associate Acne with romance and floaty girly stuff. I think of them as 1970s glam rock (thinking of those silver ankle boots again) or the Acne girl as someone who would tear off a bottle cap with her teeth before hanging out with the band for the third night running. Maybe that is an exaggeration!!!
We had more stripes though. Another collection that mad oversized stripes are a part of! Not to mention the buckle sandals - I have a pair of these from Topshop and when I wear them people think I am nuts - WHOSE LAUGHING NOW!?!?!??!?!
Those sandals cost me under a tenner in the sale - I do believe it's me chuckling away to myself!
One of the things I wasn't a fan of was head to toe green. Okay so it would be great to support your country and fly the green flag but I'm sure that supporting the Irish cause was not what the designers had in mind. However if you don't mind looking like a garden gnome then go for it.... The trousers are safe, the top is disgusting. I am not a fan of all over color like this. I think with the right color - it looks great on the catwalk but on the high street - it doesn't work. Is that sort of a kinda ruffle I see there? It's like a ruffle that wants to be a flap that wants to be a ruffle....hmm....
Just before I got too upset about all the green. The collection switched back to the grungy feel it had at the start. Sequined blazers, long maxi skirts and logo t-shirts - you tell me that T-shirt isn't 90s inspired?!?!?!? look at the lettering!??!?!?!?

 - This is a side note because I never talk about FROW (those in the front row) but can someone please tell me that I see who I see in the FROW.....interesting line up!!!!
TRENDS TO TRY

Interesting layering
graphic logo T-shirts
90s influences
Dip dye
Ruffles
Green all over the body (please don't)
Skinny trousers
Rock inspired

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar