My mornings have been very chilly the past few days. Sunday gave way to the first measurable snow and WIND! The outdoor kitties didn't come out of the greenhouse Sunday, except to potty, and then I think they held it in!!!! Smart kitties - stayed in the warmer spot and out of the weather.
My going out consisted of only feeding them. It was yuck and it was really nothing considering what is yet to come.
Oh I am a spring, summer and fall person!
View from the porch on Sunday! It was gone by evening - it rained and warmed a tiny bit. We only had about 1/2".Not the best picture (taken through window) of the back this AM. Leaves, leaves, every where leaves.
I have been pulling together fabric for little girl quilted nap blankies. I think I have it all laid out - so hopefully I will start sewing this week. I plan on using an old mattress cover for a filler. It is in very good shape, I don't use any longer - so I will cut and use to make the quilts a little warmer. I have 3 to make and then baby doll blankies for 2 of them as well.
I am using fabric & pieces that I have had for years. There will be no money spent on these at all. 3 special presents - cost ZERO.
I went through my supplies and I have everything for making a blended snack mix for the 3 older nephews. I will include their favorite brownies (they love my brownies) and maybe some fudge or cookies. Have everything for soup mixes I will be making for baskets as well.
I do NEED to make my jelly!!!!
I showed you my egg, ham and cheese biscuits I made last week. I thought I might show you how I get my egg nice and round. I use an old wide mouth canning ring! Yep, grease it well and drop egg in (I broke yoke with fork) and fry - then flip entire thing and do other side.
Slide a knife around edges and out pops a nice round egg just like restaurants serve.
You could use any item you have that is metal and round and open on both sides. I like the rings as there are no sharp edges like there might be from using a can.My biggest decisions each day is what am I going to eat!!! Such problems - LOL. That is how slow and laid back my days are. No schedule to meet, no leaving if I so desire - heck I can eat junk for a meal if I want. Normally I don't - but I could. Feeding kitties is my one schedule item.
Yep - life in the slow lane - there is much to be said for it.
We are to get more rain this week and a couple decent days - then back to chilly days. I will get the leaves all gathered at some point and they will be put on the garden area for the winter. Heck more leaves will be falling - so no rush.
My house stays pretty neat - I am not a messy person. Just dust and vacuuming most of the time, and then only when I feel like it! (not like I have a lot of company). Dust/fur bunnies seem to move in VERY often! I continue to slowly declutter.
I will be crafting more in the weeks to come - and a little decorating for the holidays.
Just quiet and slow days around here. How is it going in your home? What does your week have in store for you?
TOMORROW - Inexpensive small gifts ideas and simple wrapping - using what you have or spending next to nothing! Simple ideas for those co-workers and neighbors.
See you tomorrow. Have a wonderful day!

0 Yorumlar