The Bobcat Fire has spread at an alarming rate. I have been watching it from the Pearblossom Highway on my commute over the past week, and was shocked this morning to see that it looked twice as close to Wrightwood. Devil's Punchbowl, (which is very close,) has been evacuated. I hope that the people there get out safely. I worry that the Wrightwood residents will wait too long and be fumbling in the dark with no electricity. It's very dark now with the shorter days this time of year. The mountain roads are only two lanes.
One local posted a videotape of a huge mountain lion in her driveway. It went after her dog, but she and her husband yelled at it, and were able to protect the canine. They have children. It's strange to see the figures of these powerful wild animals on camera, right next to an outside staircase or deck. They are also fleeing the fires, and are hungry, thirsty and desperate. It's like the movie Bambi. A cub or two was also seen with the mother.
Another post stated that someone's dog, the size of a German shepherd, was taken by a cougar from the balcony. People have the illusion that their dogs are safe there. Mountain lions normally eat deer. They can easily take down large animals or humans. I don't think people realize the danger of the situation.
Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

0 Yorumlar