Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

This and That

Time for a bit of This and That, 'cuz that's all I have for today!


A young woman (who grew up Amish, but did not join the church) is getting married this weekend.  I am doing the flowers for her wedding, and these peonies are a sneak peek.  I took this photo at the wholesale florist last week!  So gorgeous.  These are for the bridesmaids bouquets, and not the brides' bouquet.  She had pictures of ideas she wanted but didn't really care what the flowers were, other than for her bouquet.

 I'm a tad stressed, not because of arranging the flowers, but because I have to deliver them a day early, since we'll be out of town.  I've spoken to my floral designer friend, who assures me everything will be fine, the flowers will all be refrigerated, and none of the flowers are 'delicate' such as hydrangea. 

The bride called me all in a dither last evening - worried about the flowers - did I have them yet? (No!  But they are ordered and will be ready to pick up later this week) Then they thought I shouldn't pick them up until Friday!  Tim helped me de-stress from that phone call.  The bride had one of her many 'coordinators' speak to me but you could hear many, many voices in the background.  Too many opinions, and from people who do not cut flowers to bring in the house.  Nor do the Amish have any flowers at Amish weddings.  They have no experience with cut flowers at all. Sigh.

Deep breaths.

 Thank you for praying for our business and the need for a trailer and truck!  We found a trailer.  We'd like to put new fenders on and  paint it, but it is what he was hoping for with a good price!  It is able to be used to haul cars as well, and has a winch on the front, too.  


 While mowing yesterday I noticed the Liberty apples are starting to grow!


My favorite kind of sky!

We definitely need some new chairs for the deck!  I'm working on that, and I will replace the tablecloth, but I was trying out a new arrangement in the chilly early evening weather.  I like it.

The gazebo frame is coming down soon.  Tim bought a big umbrella for the deck.  We are wanting to replace the deck in the next few years, so for now we beautify what we have!

I have shopping to do today, flowers to pick up tomorrow, bouquets etc, on Thursday, and then we meet up with the brides' friend early Friday morning, and then we are off to Greenville for Vinnie's graduation.  Busy week, but I'll be sure to give you are look at the flowers for the wedding.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar