![]() |
| Whatcom Falls this morning |
When I woke at 3:00am to the sound of serious wind and rain, I was not optimistic about our chances of a nice walk in Whatcom Falls Park with the ladies this morning. By the time I left the apartment, the rain and wind had lessened and nothing much showed up on the radar. But after last week when I wasn't prepared for the rain, I grabbed all my gear and headed out to our meeting place. The skies were dark and forbidding as I drove east.
But it was simply beautiful! As you can see from the above picture, there was plenty of sunshine on all of our shoulders, as well as a fine spray from the roaring falls. It was a lovely walk, and we even had a (gasp!) man in our midst.
![]() |
| On our return trip |
This walk takes us up more than a hundred stairs, the hardest part of the five-mile jaunt through the park, but the weather just kept getting nicer and nicer as we walked. Our man Ray has now joined us three or four times with his wife Amy, and I do hope he continues so I can label us "the walkers" rather than "the ladies." Now I'm going to have lunch and then spend some of this sunshine out in my garden, which is woefully behind many of the other plots in terms of getting ready for spring!
:-)



0 Yorumlar